Students with GCDD's Partnerships for Success Club at New Manchester High School in Douglasville, GA were asked to submit essays on their first experience at Disability Day at the Capitol on February 16, 2012. The following are the top three essays submitted. Disability Day Through Our EyesBy...
Making Arts Accessible For AllBy Elizabeth Labbe-Webb One of the fabulous things about living in the community is the opportunity for a full, exciting and diverse social life. For many, this includes regular exploration of arts and cultural offerings. For citizens of Atlanta and the...
Jonathan Hayes is an 11-year-old local artist with an extraordinary talent . The following picture is the cover of the Making a Difference winter edition and features an original painting by Jonathan. Jonathan uses his art as a means to communicate his thoughts, and he also writes in a journal...
More Articles ...
- See the Winter 2012 Edition of Making a Difference Through its Photos
- GCDD's Deputy Director Visits the White House
- Media Advisory - Disability Day
- GCDD’s Deputy Director Visits the White House - Part 2
- 2012 MAD Winter Article: Reaching Out to Citizens Across Georgia
- Congratulations to C.W. Davis Middle School for Collecting 300 Winter Coats for Foster Kids in Need!
- Review Recommendations from The Special Council on Tax Reform and Fairness
- $250,000/Year for Five Years Awarded to Enrich Community Supports for People with Developmental Disabilities
- MLK Beloved Community Celebrated with A Waddie Welcome Reading on 1/15
- New People First Officers & Self Advocacy Month is February