NOFAs (Notice of Funds Available)
GCDD Announces New NoFA for Program Evaluation Consultant
23ADM1: Program Evaluation Consultant
The purpose of this Notice of Funds Available (NoFA) is to solicit proposal from a Program Evaluation Consultant who will work to construct and execute a plan for both process and outcome evaluation across all GCDD activities. The consultant will assist GCDD in ensuring the agency is measuring impact in a way that is meaningful for our consumers and useful for Federal accountability.
Grant amount is $50,000. Applications for this grant are due by January 3, 2023. This notice was posted on December 1, 2022. The start date is February 1, 2023 and the end date is September 30, 2023.
Scope of Work
The Georgia Council on Developmental Disabilities is accepting proposals from program evaluation firms and professionals to provide support to the organization members and staff as it relates to programmatic process and outcome evaluation. This will be an 8-month contract, eligible to renewed on an annual basis based on performance and agreement among staff and members that evaluation support is still required.
The Consultant will perform the services and responsibilities as outlined below:
- Develop a comprehensive evaluation plan that identifies annual process and outcome evaluation activities across all GCDD programs that provides meaningful data to both the consumer (people with intellectual and developmental disabilities and their families) and our Federal partners. Activities might include:
- Describing the programs and processes to be evaluated and developing the evaluation focus
- Identifying and collaborating with stakeholders
- Selecting models, methods or designs to support the evaluation that uses best practices found in the relevant literature
- Devising Data Collection Strategies to Support the Evaluation Questions and Design
- Emphasizing evaluation techniques that can be implemented “in-house” (by current GCDD staff) as well as evaluation techniques that may require outside contracting
- Ensuring the final evaluation plan is actionable and replicable
- Execute the developed evaluation plan by evaluating the process and outcomes of GCDD’s current projects. The evaluation of projects should consist of the minimum:
- Assisting the projects in improving their operations
- Assisting GCDD staff and Council members in determining the success of current projects and making decisions on how best to proceed with future project decisions
- Involving community members who are participating or have participated in the projects
- Assessing the projects’ processes, specifically how they are implementing the program
- Assessing the projects’ outcomes
Restrictions on Communication
All questions about this NoFA must be submitted in the following format: Organization/Individual Name 1. Question Citation of relevant section of the NoFA 2. Question Citation of relevant section of the NoFA Questions must be directed in writing to the Operations & Contracts Director (OCD) Lisa Eaves at: .
Questions must include the company name and the referenced NoFA section. From the issue date of this NoFA until a contractor is selected and the selection is announced, Applicants are not allowed to communicate for any reason with any State staff except through the OCD, or during the Applicants' conference, or as provided by existing work agreement(s). The State reserves the right to reject the proposal of any Applicant violating this provision.
All questions concerning this NoFA must be submitted in writing by email to . Only written questions will be accepted (No phone calls please). No response other than written will be binding upon the State. All questions and answers will be responded to via email within 3 business days. Questions and answers will also be posted to the GCDD website: www.gcdd.org.
The DD Council
The Georgia Council on Developmental Disabilities (GCDD) is one of 56 entities of its type in the United States and territories that report to the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services and the Administration for Community Living. It is authorized under Public Law 106-402, the Developmental Disabilities Assistance and Bill of Rights Act Amendments of 2000.
The Georgia Council on Developmental Disabilities (GCDD) makes funds available to fulfill its mission in accordance with its Five-Year Strategic Plan (pdf file) and in compliance with the American with Disabilities Act (ADA). Through its funding, GCDD works to increase the capacities and resources of public and private nonprofit entities and others to develop a comprehensive community system that responds to the choices, capabilities and needs of persons with developmental disabilities and their families. The purpose of GCDD grants is to expand best practices and contribute to system-wide changes that support the rights of people with developmental disabilities and their full inclusion as community members. Recipients of GCDD grants are expected to be ongoing partners in bringing about positive change.
Our activities are governed by a 27-member board, appointed by the Governor and comprised of at least 60 percent individuals with developmental disabilities and family members. Other members include policymakers that represent various federally mandated partners and state agencies and organizations having a vested interested in persons with developmental disabilities.
GCDD is charged with creating systems change for people with developmental disabilities and their families by increasing opportunities for independence, inclusion, integration, productivity, and self-determination. Activities include public policy research and analysis, project demonstrations, education and training, advocacy, and public information. The GCDD is a quasi-state agency, attached to the Department of Behavioral Health and Developmental Disabilities (DBHDD) for administrative purposes.
Schedule of Events
This Request for Proposals will be governed by the following schedule:
- Applications Due – January 3, 2023
- Staff Application Review – January 5, 2023 - January 6, 2023
- Grants Selection Committee Review – January 9, 2023 - January 20, 2023
- Contract Negotiations and Signed Contracts – January 23, 2023 - January 27, 2023
- Start Date/Work Begins – February 1, 2023
APPLY AT: https://www.ddsuite.org/?nofa_id=2018