Latest Opportunities for Advocacy
ACA/Medicaid Advocates - Call to Action!
We need your help to save DD Services. We need to get everyone engaged to make sure the US Senate understands how important Medicaid is and what the ACA repeal bill would do to people with disabilities, seniors, children, and low income Americans.
The main objective of GCDD's public policy efforts is to promote public policy that makes sense for the people we serve. We support policies that encourage the integration between people with developmental disabilities, the people who support them and the community as a whole.
GCDD’s resources, vision, values, goals and mission create a solid platform that continues to influence the direction of public policy at the state and federal level. It is a platform that fosters change in service provision, reflects the needs of individuals with developmental disabilities, and promotes public awareness of those needs.
To help you become a better advocate, GCDD’s Public Policy Team offers the following information.
- Becoming a Grassroots Advocate (find the tools you need to advocate)
- Legislative Advocacy (view our legislative agenda)
- Public Policy for the People eNewsletter (read our legislative session news)
- Advocacy & Policy Alerts (read our relevant blog articles)
- Resources/Position Papers (information on where GCDD stands on disability issues)
To view past GCDD Public Policy events, such as Disability Day at the Capitol, Advocacy Days and Take Your Legislator to Work Day, click on Archived Public Policy Events.