Making a Difference - Spring 2023
GCDD’s Spring 2023 edition of the Making a Difference quarterly magazine introduces you to the next generation of advocates! The younger generation is focused and determined to advocate for things that matter to them – while following the footsteps of those great leaders that came before them.
In this issue, you also meet the college students of the GOALS program at Columbus State University and what college means to them. Learn about the successes of the Council at its 2023 Advocacy Days; and join us a we remember a disability advocacy giant, Judy Heumann.
And you can now experience the magazine in new ways!
- Read. The articles that tell the story of the people we serve are still there for your reading pleasure.
- Listen. With our commitment to accessibility, each article has its audio track for you follow along with the story.
- The Accessible Audio is now available on the sidebar of each article, and the entire playlist is on Spotify.
- NEW! Allow us to introduce you to PinPoint, the newest podcast of Making a Difference!
- Watch. The magazine will now feature video stories that allow you to meet the people behind the story. Watch and meet the people behind their own story.
- Viewpoint: The Power of Advocacy by D'Arcy Robb
- GCDD Impact: Building a Community with Intention
- Self Advocate Spotlight: How and Why We Advocate by Marian Jackson
- Living Independently: Practical Examples of Supported Decision Making by John McCarty & Hannah Hibben
- GCDD Celebrates National Siblings Day by Tianna Faulkner
- Judy Heumann's Legacy Lives On by Maria Pinkleton
- Expert Update: Parent to Parent of Georgia Empowers Parents & Families
You can access the online version of the magazine here. The magazine is available in Spanish and Audio. Haga clic aquí para leer la versión en español.
Marcando la Diferencia está disponible en español. Lea los artículos en nuestro sitio web.