Register to become a Team Lead!
he Georgia Council on Developmental Disabilities (GCDD) is seeking Team Leads for its 2020 Advocacy Days. Geared at preparing advocates to take a leadership role at GCDD's Advocacy Days, Team Lead Volunteers will learn how to navigate the Georgia State Capitol and support attendees in speaking with their legislators. This is a great opportunity for anyone interested in honing their advocacy skills and leading others to raise their voices!
Team Leads will be paid $150 per Advocacy Day they volunteer for. Each individual must complete one training and fulfill all the responsibilities listed below.
Team Leads will be required to fulfill the following responsibilities:
- Commit to at least two (2) Advocacy Days from 8 AM - 1 PM
- Attend one training prior to Advocacy Days. The completion of the training is mandatory.
- Be available from 8 AM - 1 PM on assigned days
Day of Event:
- Responsible for the assigned table (10 individuals)
- Support attendees with legislative asks
- Support attendees to complete paper surveys at the training and provided to event staff
- Navigate assigned attendees from the event venue to Capitol (across the street)
- Take 3-4 photos of individuals with their legislator at the ropes in the Capitol
- Complete log of legislative activities. The checklist will be be provided.
If you are intersted in becoming a Team Lead, please complete the form below and someone at GCDD will be in touch.