The Disability Vote Counts 2020 – It’s Election Season!
It’s election season again! In November, millions of Americans will head to the polls to vote in the 2020 Presidential and General Election taking place on November 3. Like all elections this year’s is important, and it is even more important for people with disabilities to head to the polls to make their voices heard.
Find out who is seeking election/re-election in Georgia.
Who is up for election?
- 14 Georgia representatives in the US House of Representatives
- 2 Senators in the US Senate
Also, many state senators and representatives, commissioners, judges, councilpersons and other regional and local seats impact how people with disabilities work, live and play in their communities.
MAKE YOUR VOTE COUNT - REGISTER TO VOTE BY OCTOBER 5
- Absentee ballot requests can be made at https://ballotrequest.sos.ga.gov/
- Learn details on casting your absentee ballot at https://georgia.gov/vote-absentee-ballot
Dates to Remember
- October 5 - Deadline to register to vote in November General Election
- October 30- Deadline to request an absentee ballot
- November 3 - General Election
Dates subject to change due to COVID-19