Register to become a Team Lead!
The Georgia Council on Developmental Disabilities (GCDD) is seeking Team Leads for its 2020 Advocacy Days. Geared at preparing advocates to take a leadership role at GCDD’s Advocacy Days, Team Lead Volunteers will learn how to navigate the Georgia State Capitol and support attendees in speaking with their legislators. This is a great opportunity for anyone interested in honing their advocacy skills and leading others to raise their voices!
Team Leads will be paid $100 per Advocacy Day they volunteer for. Each individual must complete one training and fulfill all the responsibilities listed below. Team Leads will be required to fulfill the following responsibilities:
- Commit to at least one (1) Advocacy Day from 8 AM - 1 PM
- Attend two-hour training prior to each Advocacy Days that you have registered to be a Team Lead for. The completion of the training is mandatory.
- Be available from 8 AM - 1 PM on assigned days
All trainings will be held from 10 AM - 12 PM at GCDD offices at 2 Peachtree Street, Suite 26-246, Atlanta, GA 30303
|Advocacy Days||Team Lead Training|
|January 29, 2020||January 22, 2020|
|February 6, 2020||January 30, 2020|
|February 19, 2020||February 13, 2020|
|February 27, 2020||February 20, 2020|
|March 11, 2020||March 4, 2020|
Day of Event:
- Responsible for the assigned table (10 individuals)
- Support attendees with legislative asks
- Support attendees to complete paper surveys at the training and provided to event staff
- Navigate assigned attendees from the event venue to Capitol (across the street)
- Take 3-4 photos of individuals with their legislator at the ropes in the Capitol
- Responsible for returning completed surveys, a log of legislative activities, and photos to staff immediately after the event at the church. The checklist will be be provided.
If you are interested in becoming a Team Lead, please complete the form below and someone at GCDD will be in touch.