Register to become a Team Lead!
Due to overwhelming interest and maximum capacity, the registration for Team Leads is now closed. Thank you to everyone who showed interest to be a Team Lead.
The Georgia Council on Developmental Disabilities (GCDD) is seeking Team Leads for its 2020 Advocacy Days. Geared at preparing advocates to take a leadership role at GCDD’s Advocacy Days, Team Lead Volunteers will learn how to navigate the Georgia State Capitol and support attendees in speaking with their legislators. This is a great opportunity for anyone interested in honing their advocacy skills and leading others to raise their voices!
Team Leads will be paid $100 per Advocacy Day they volunteer for. Each individual must complete one training and fulfill all the responsibilities listed below. Team Leads will be required to fulfill the following responsibilities:
- Commit to at least one (1) Advocacy Day from 8 AM - 1 PM
- Attend two-hour training prior to each Advocacy Days that you have registered to be a Team Lead for. The completion of the training is mandatory.
- Be available from 8 AM - 1 PM on assigned days
All trainings will be held from 10 AM - 12 PM at GCDD offices at 2 Peachtree Street, Suite 26-246, Atlanta, GA 30303
|Advocacy Days||Team Lead Training|
|January 29, 2020 (Gracie's Law)||January 22, 2020|
|February 6, 2020 (Cancelled)||January 30, 2020|
|February 19, 2020 (HCBS Day)||February 13, 2020|
|February 27, 2020 (new IPSE Day)||Training held 1/30/20|
|March 9, 2020 (Employment Day)||March 4, 2020|
|March 18, 2020 (new SToPP Day)||March 13, 2020|
Day of Event:
- Responsible for the assigned table (10 individuals)
- Support attendees with legislative asks
- Support attendees to complete paper surveys at the training and provided to event staff
- Navigate assigned attendees from the event venue to Capitol (across the street)
- Take 3-4 photos of individuals with their legislator at the ropes in the Capitol
- Responsible for returning completed surveys, a log of legislative activities, and photos to staff immediately after the event at the church. The checklist will be be provided.
Registraion for Team Lead is now closed. Thank you for your interest.