Register NOW for Advocacy Days!
Join GCDD at the Capitol this legislative session to learn about policies affecting people with disabilities and join advocates from across the state in speaking with elected officials about these very important issues. We need your help to educate Georgia’s lawmakers about topics important to our community, like the long the waiting lists for home- and community-based services, Employment, Inclusive Post-Secondary Education, Direct Support Professionals, and Home and Community Based Services.
Sign up for any or all five days and learn how you can find your self-advocate voice! Each advocacy day focuses on a different topic:
2019 GCDD Advocacy Day Themes
PLEASE NOTE! Due to Inclement Weather, Advocacy Day #1 – January 30 – Inclusive Post-Secondary Education Day has been CANCELLED.
It will be rescheduled at a later date. We apologize for the inconvenience.
- CANCELLED DUE TO INCLEMENT WEATHER! Advocacy Day #1 – January 30 – Inclusive Post-Secondary Education Day – Join current students, future enrollees and alumni of Inclusive Post-Secondary Education programs here in Georgia as we educate our legislators about the increased employment opportunities these programs provide.
- Advocacy Day #2 – February 12 – Home & Community Based Services (HCBS) Waivers Day – Join us to advocate for the protection of and increase of more funding to reduce waiting lists for HCBS services like Katie Beckett, NOW, COMP, ICWP, CCSP and SOURCE waivers.
- Advocacy Day #3 – February 14 – Everyone Out! – Let’s advocate for all those with disabilities stuck in institutional settings here in Georgia!
- Advocacy Day #4 – February 27 – Direct Support Professional (DSP) Day – Come speak with your legislators about the workforce shortage of DSPs here in Georgia as well as the importance of a caregiver registry open to all HCBS waivers.
- Advocacy Day #5 – March 6 - Supported Decision-Making Day – Join us to educate our lawmakers on Supported Decision-Making as an alternative to guardianship for adults with disabilities.
New This Year! We'll be offering breakfast at 8:30 AM before the program starts at 9:00 AM, so don't be late!
Be a Volunteer for the day or a Team Leader! Volunteers help out with activities during advocacy days. Team Leaders attend training to take leadership roles in supporting attendees in speaking with their legislators.
If you are interested in either, email us at .