GCDD ADVOCACY ALERT: NOW Waiver Public Forums
NOW WAIVER PUBLIC FORUMS
The New Options Waiver Program (NOW) which serves people with intellectual and developmental disabilities is scheduled for renewal in September 2017 via application to the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS). The Department of Community Health and the Department of Behavioral Health and Developmental Disabilities seek comments from the public on how to enhance this program to meet the changing needs of families and individuals.
A series of five public forums will be held to collect comments and suggestions for the New Options Waiver Program (NOW) renewal application. We need input from families, self-advocates, providers, and the general public.
Don't miss this opportunity to make a positive difference in the direction of services for Georgians with intellectual and developmental disabilities and their families.
- Participate in a focused discussion with other advocates and record your suggestions for improvements or additions to the NOW service array
- Network with other stakeholders who share your experiences and concerns
- Contribute to community efforts that will positively impact services provided in Georgia
Speakers to include:
- Catherine Ivy, Department of Behavioral Health and Developmental Disabilities, Division of Developmental Disabilities
- Marcey Alter, Deputy Director Medicaid Services, Department of Community Health
- Brian Dowd, Director of Waiver Programs, Department of Community Health
- March 1 - 1:00 to 3:00pm at University of Georgia Tifton Campus Conference Center, Tifton
- March 6 - 7:00 to 8:00pm (Virtual Forum)
- March 8 - 1:00 to 3:00pm at Clarence Brown Conference Center, Cartersville
- March 9 - 11:00am to Noon (Virtual Forum)
- March 13 - 1:00 to 3:00pm at Gwinnett Tech/Busbee Center, Lawrenceville
Register by clicking the Eventbrite link below:
Venue address will listed on the registration ticket.
Details for the online virtual forums will be sent upon registration.