Job Opening: Social Media Coordinator
The Georgia Council on Developmental Disabilities is in search of a Social Media Coordinator. This role is a 12 month contract position that runs from March 1, 2022 until February 28, 2023. The individual who is selected will be responsible for outlining and planning engaging social media content on existing platforms (Facebook, Twitter and Instagram), increasing audiences across all channels, expanding innovation and reach through new marketing tools and additional social media platforms.
Job Duties + Responsibilities:
- Utilize Sprout Social platform to create daily original content (stories, social media feed posts etc.) that relate to the GCDD’s mission, initiatives, and audience.
- Advise and act on opportunities for social media platform-based advertising and other opportunities for growth.
- Create content with purpose that may directly engage customers while following brand guidelines.
- Coordinate with Public Information team and create clear calls of action that convert social media engagement into increased awareness of and advocacy in support of issues impacting Georgians with intellectual/developmental disabilities and their families.
- Track audience engagement, campaign performance and SEO to optimize content
- Be able to work independently and creatively.
- Stay up-to-date with events in disability policy, inclusion and equity
- Educate the public on GCDD and partner organization programs and initiatives.
- Ensure that all content (text and graphics) follows ADA and WCAG Compliance guidelines.
Applicants should give social media handle (s) they’ve managed as well as work that was completed in policy, advocacy, or a similar industry. They should have at least three years of content creation and social media management/marketing experience on various platforms. The candidate should be detail-oriented, quality and results-driven. In addition, applicants should be proficient in reaching diverse audiences.
This contract position's award totals $35,000 with a match requirement of $8,750. Matching funds may consist of cash and/or in-kind contributions.
GCDD is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply for this position.
The mission of the Georgia Council on Developmental Disabilities (GCDD) is to bring about social and policy changes that promote opportunities for the wide spectrum of diverse people/persons with developmental disabilities and their families to live, learn, work, play and worship in their communities.