Telling Your Story Downloadable Document
If you are planning on visiting the office of an elected official and would like to leave them with more than your name and number, we welcome you to take advantage of our downloadable legislative advocate tool. With this customizable document you are able to share your contact information, reason for your visit, and why a particular policy issue is important to you. There is also space for you to add a photo of yourself if you choose to do so.
To use this document
- Click here to download the word document: https://gcdd.org/images/public_policy/2018/Telling_Your_Story_Doc.docx.
- Complete the sentence: I want to talk to you about…. Use this section to introduce yourself and explain the reason for your visit.
- Complete the sentence: This is important to me because... Use this section to explain why this policy is important to you and how it effects people with developmental disabilities in the state of Georgia.
- Use your cursor to highlight and delete the text in the lower box and replace with your contact information
- To replace US Flag image and or Disability Rights Are Civil Rights text image click on image and text box and delete. Add image (Use insert picture) or text that you’d prefer.
Click here to download a pdf of the document to fill out manually.
Click here to download a pdf of a sample document that has been filled out.
Good luck on your visit!