We will be conducting the Unlock the Doors to Real Communities: 2011 Listening Tour across the state of Georgia from late September through mid-October. We will have a potluck dinner at each meeting, so please bring your favorite dish to share!
- Share your experiences with the Unlock campaign & members of your community.
- Network with others in your community who care about making an impact.
- Discuss effective ways to advocate for change.
- Find out how to get involved during the legislative session.
Who should attend?
- Parents of children with disabilities, self advocates, local professionals working in disability supports and services.
- More than 6000 people with disabilities are waiting to receive funding for home and community based services. Each year, the list grows.
- Learn how to get involved and connect with others to build strong communities of support for people with disabilities.
- September 26th, 2011: Bleckley/Cochran area from 6-8 pm
- September 27th, 2011: Lyons/Toombs area from 6-8 pm
- October 3rd, 2011: Quitman/Brooks County from 6-8 pm
- October 4th, 2011: Ocilla/Fitzgerald from 6-8 pm
- October 6th, 2011: Macon from 6-8 pm
- October 18th, 2011: Summerville/Rome area from 6-8 pm
- October 28th, 2011: Athens area from 6-8 pm. More details and location to be determined! Please check back for more information.
Please view the above pdf flyers for more details. You may also visit the Unlock the Waiting Lists website for more info.
To rsvp, please call 404-657-2126 or email ">.