Latest Opportunities for Advocacy
Take Your Legislator to Work 2017
Registation is now open. Participation is simple! Just click here to start the process and someone from GCDD will contact you within five business days to review your eligibility, process your application and discuss next steps.
The main objective of GCDD's public policy efforts is to promote public policy that makes sense for the people we serve. We support policies that encourage the integration between people with developmental disabilities, the people who support them and the community as a whole.
GCDD’s resources, vision, values, goals and mission create a solid platform that continues to influence the direction of public policy at the state and federal level. It is a platform that fosters change in service provision, reflects the needs of individuals with developmental disabilities, and promotes public awareness of those needs.
To help you become a better advocate, GCDD’s Public Policy Team offers the following information.
- Becoming a Grassroots Advocate (find the tools you need to advocate)
- Legislative Advocacy (view our legislative agenda)
- Public Policy for the People eNewsletter (read our legislative session news)
- Advocacy & Policy Alerts (read our relevant blog articles)
- Resources/Position Papers (information on where GCDD stands on disability issues)
To view past GCDD Public Policy events, such as Disability Day at the Capitol, Advocacy Days and Take Your Legislator to Work Day, click on Public Policy Events.