The Partnership: L’Arche brought together:
- A logistics personnel team - Resurgens Impact Consulting
- A photographer – Lynsey Weatherspoon
- A story teller – Shannon M Turner and
- An expert on the field of visual storytelling – Beate Sass
to gather stories and images from people with developmental disabilities across Georgia representing each of the state’s senate districts. In addition, the team will provide a free Storytelling for Advocacy workshop at the end of the project year for people with DD and their families.
We still need stories from several more districts to be sure we have covered the state. Please visit our Storytelling page for more information on the districts who are looking for stories.
Watch for our stories and photo book coming soon.
Our Partner: L'Arche is an International Federation dedicated to the creation and growth of homes, programs, and support networks with people who have intellectual disabilities. The aim of L’Arche is to create communities which welcome people who have intellectual disabilities. By this means, L’Arche seeks to respond to the distress of those who are too often rejected, and to give them a valid place in society.
Their mission is to:
- Make known the gifts of people who have intellectual disabilities, revealed through mutually transforming relationships;
- Foster an environment in community that responds to the changing needs of our members while being faithful to the core values of our founding story; and
- Engage in our diverse cultures, working together toward a more human society.